I really should stop coming up with abstract, pseudo-artistic titles, but it’s harder than it seems. Anyway, time for a slew of updates:
- Re-injured my knee, and I think it might be a more serious cartilage-related issue, which is worrying. Barring some sort of massive improvement I may very well skip the half-marathon this weekend, which is likely the right decision, but it’s still a disappointing outcome.
- I officially changed my major to the BS in computational neuroscience! It’s a very exciting but intimidating switch, and next semester my classes reflect that change. I’ll be taking
- Systems Neuroscience
- Calculus II
- Introduction to MATLAB
- Physics for the Life Sciences
- Random General Education Elective (taking Pass/Fail)– I should really figure out what the course is actually called…
- I’m meeting with Biederman tomorrow to discuss the potential of working in his lab, expect updates next week!
- I’m trying to find things to occupy my time next semester since Arad won’t be here, and it’s difficult because I feel like I already invested a lot in cross country and got very little return on that investment, so I’m hesitant to try again with a different student organization
- I’m very close to finding housing for next semester, so expect updates about that as well.
In general things have been kind of strange lately. I’ve been thinking a lot about what next semester will look like for me socially, and it’s a difficult situation to anticipate and prepare for. For the time being, I’m just going to keep focusing on my schoolwork and powering through these last few weeks of classes.